Sunday, June 23, 2013

Swimming in Chocolate

Note before I post: This one is gonna be a little shorter as I really want to get some sleep tonight, so some details might nor make it in here, but you will definitely here them when I get back

Today was an extra special day as we got to take a trip to the beach. we woke up super early in the morning (at least some of us did) to be ready to board a 15 passenger van at 7AM. We kinda were running a little bit behind schedule, and to help things along, there was a problem with the van, so around 8:15 we were off, headed down to the beach. Our drive out there was a bit long, but we got to enjoy the Vietnamese countryside. On our way we stopped to pick up lunch, crab & shrimp. I kid you not, this time I literally watched my food squirming around, because all the crabs were tied up (though one lucky soul managed to escape the bucket, but he didn't get very far). We stayed at the roadside crab shack for about 45 mins while they cooked our food. Once we arrived at the beach we claimed a gazibo to set out our food.  Then we set to work cracking open crabs, peeling shrimp, basically just eating the food, but with a little bore more work since they were just whole cooked crabs.

The water down at the beach felt amazing (just got my feet wet)

after enjoying the food and the scenery we headed back to Tra Vinh where we had a couple hours to rest before dinner with Twii

*food seems to be a big thing over here (either that or I'm always hungry)

we got to have waffles and Ice cream for dessert back at the hotel.

now I'm getting ready for bed as we have an early morning tomorrow (visiting the english school)


Thank you for Praying for us!!
Soli Deo Gloria
Until next time
Brandon Goodyear

No comments:

Post a Comment