Monday, August 22, 2011

Time to come home....literally

So, I returned from Cambodia about 3 days ago, but i feel that I need to legitimately come home. Friday my plane landed, mom picked me and my dad up from the airport, and we drove, not home, but straight to church to watch my sister's music mania performance. Now I know that I have quite the busy life style and I'm jumping right back into it, but I really feel that I need to spend more time at home, with my family, going over pics from Cambodia, telling all about my trip. The only thing that made me think this is one thing. Friday I got home, Saturday morning I went to men's breakfast, then at 11 went to go meet a friend for lunch, then I was gone for the rest of the day/night as I spend the night with 4 other friends. Sunday morning, I went to church (note to self, if you're gonna pull an all nighter, don't do it the day before church) then after church, I really wanted just to sleep, get caught up. When my mom informed me that we were going to see my friend Matthew Candela's play "singing in the rain" my first thought was "oh my gosh, I'm gonna have to text those who I ask to tell Matt how much I wanted to be there but wasn't gonna make it" then, the wise portion of my brain said "you need to sleep"... Wait that was a text from my friend Lexa. Anywho, I went to see the play, I'm really glad I did because I have not laughed sooooo hard at a play...ever. Once everything was said and done I was really ready to go home, but as you probably can guess, there was more for me to do. It was both my aunt's and cousin's birthdays while I was in Cambodia, so my grandparents were throwing a BBQ for them. It was a nice BBQ because I got to hang out with my cousin and aunt, but when 6:30 rolled around, I decided, that as much as I loved my family, I was finally suffering from my lack of sleep. So by 7:03 I was home, and asleep. Fast forward 16 hours, I wake up, look at my watch "11:00" really? I slept that long? To tired to get up I closed my eyes. What feels like not that much later I feel my mom shaking me saying "time to wake up, you need to at least be awake today so you can go back to sleep later. So after waking up at 12:00PM today, I went and checked up on some job applications, went back to my high school to pick some stuff (you have no idea how weird it is being there the first day of school after graduating), came home, work on job app stuff, and now at 8:30 I'm ready to be going to sleep. So there, in quite a while, I've explained why I feel that I need to literally come home, spend time with my family. Once that happns, life can return to normal

No comments:

Post a Comment